Sunday, October 10, 2010

wormwood'd (2)







The October Wormwood has just passed and with it comes the sad news that there will probably only be 2 more. I guess Sydneysiders are accustomed to their favourite gigs and art events being shut down just as they're getting attached or further down the track when it has become an integrated part of their lives. Wormwood has given consistently rad psychedelic and garage music on a monthly basis since early this year and for free. Thrown in with live DJing (how nice it is to continue rocking out in between sets to craftily selected tunes), live doodling and portrait drawing, hair art (yeah you coulda gotten a cool X or something shaved in your hair last time- I got a triangle..) and we have tried our best to offer some delectable delights for the eyes with our liquid light projections. 

Anyyywayyy, this was my second go at liquid light and I feel I have earned my scouts badge. After some home tutorials from the wizard Alex, I am starting to really understand how it all works. My favourite technique is the galaxy technique with swishing blue-greens and bright bubbles. Alex and I projected form the sky onto the faerie tree whilst Kate wowed inside. We also brought with us a magical film with clips from the secret creek when we took a retreat a few weeks ago. Swaying tyre swings, gargling waterfalls and meditative reflections- next time we might treat you to the amazing frog sounds emitted from the film. 

So now you know, the rumour is only 2 more Wormwood:: absinthe and psychedelia extravaganza's to go. Come play.

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys. Thanks so much Clare. Wish I'd gotten some time to spend upstairs with you. The visuals are AMAZING. So much appreciation for what you guys bring. Lets stick together.
    So glad you got your head shaved! We're all shave brothers and sisters now.
    Got ideas for Nov & Dec that we need to discuss... good times ahead.
    And. I'm going to fight for it continue.
    If not at the Loft (I love the Loft - it is the HOME to Wormwood for me), then somewhere equally or MORE amazing.
    ..... maybe a secret show in January, secret venue, call on the night!... xxx

    ReplyDelete