Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Your walls are alive


I have seen everything.
I have seen your naked body
glimmering in the early morning window light haze
and the rise and fall of your chest as it relaxes next to your lover post-passion
I have seen you alone
Hiding
Collecting your tears in notebooks, ticking away over each life decision
And with others, swimming in other people’s angst and concern
Trying to swim away, but conceding to remain in some way human
I have heard you speaking to yourself
Telling yourself everything will always be okay ten times over
Begging for it to be true
Promising yourself things will change
I have heard your thoughts
As you glance over and no-one looks back
As you will someone to look
As you withdraw and deny it is needed, lone warrior
I noticed the time you lit those candles
and poured over old photographs
you again re-arranged the furniture, because you can’t sleep at night
I felt it when those words stung you and you delicately brought that knife back into you room
Just in case
I feel when you hold your breath
Tense your every muscle
Close your eyes to the world
I am still there
I know you
I have seen you in every form of nakedness
Your walls are alive
And I am your house

3 comments:

  1. "...I felt it when those words stung you and you delicately brought that knife back into you room
    Just in case..."

    you are the best friend ever. oh, and you make an excellent wall flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful clare, chill up my spine

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only just read this and i want to say i love you.

    ReplyDelete