Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gifts of Creation


Isn't it the most heartwarming feeling to know someone has put in the effort to create something from scratch especially for you? To spend an amount of time put aside especially in your honour? To think you deserving of an art; a creation? I was once having a low self esteem period when I received a package in the mail. It was from my good friend Camm who I had confided in about my "face hatred". He cared enough to write the words "You are Pretty" on every 365 days of a desk calender and send it to my house. It worked miracles for my confidence and love for mankind.
The above painting was created by my amazing friend Manu, a fellow kindred spirit and beautiful artist who I adore and constantely worry about as she flits from place to place leaving behind little mementos and markings of her wonderful being and gets herself into all sorts of mischiefs. It is the most time and effort anyone has ever put into a creation based on "me" or for me.
I am so blessed to have such wonderful and inspiring friends.

3 comments:

  1. Aw this is lovely!
    And your face is also lovely.
    You are lovely.
    Love you bear! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, amazing painting! (is it a painting?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a painting yes! my friend manu painted it for me! thanks for your nice words girls :)

    ReplyDelete