Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DIY Dreams

My 10th blog post at my new site- thanks to everyone that keeps popping in and having a peek!

I've been lo-fi diy dreaming as usual lately- zines, moss terrariums, mixtapes, joker collecting, matchbox gifts have all been on my mind. With fragments of three zine projects littering me and alex's abode, a mounting jar collection under the sink and plastic bags full of misty mountain moss, mix tape lists to be collated and the early phases of a Solitaire Mystery (and Sophia Bella)- inspired joker collection amongst the rubble of put to bed projects; peacock heads, flowery treetops and newspaper glued to the ground, it's no wonder our house resembles a junkyard.

This post isn't about much but I'm super keen to start a zine swap network and also expand on the communal zine making idea launched at ALGAE RHYTHM 0.05: Portals and then at Born in the Doorway and The Lurkers show. I know there are zine enthusiasts in Sydney- let's connect!

Pictured above are some of the latest babes: moss terrariums. Some collected from our moss run at Bouddi, some from the Blue Mountains courtesy of one of our dearest friends Vic. Is anyone else into making these? I want to collaborate! We have a gazillion jars, so lets go moss scavenging together. Yes? clare@punk-monk.com.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if I have the time to dedicate to a moss collection, but those pictures make me lick my lips.

    ReplyDelete