Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wunian


Wunian is a Proto- Germanic word comprising of stages of dwelling. To dwell is to live and be, to remain, to start to place your surroundings (to take ownership of your dwelling) and to accept and be at one with these ways. Wunian is a peaceful word. You cannot truly dwell and achieve wunian unless you remain in a state of peace with how you are, how you live and how you 'be'.
This here is my favourite place in the world. I like to think my mother dwells here. It is certainly what I think of when I consider 'home'- it is a part of my identity, my true self that can achieve peace and clarity. Fields meet, meadows, meet rainforests, meet boulders, meets 36 degree views of the bay- all twinkling and vibrant and alive. I am alone but I am with the entity that is Bouddi and it embraces me.

3 comments: